First-time Users: The University of Oregon provides each DuckWeb user with a UO ID number (beginning with 95) and an initial, randomly generated Personal Access Code (PAC).
When you log into DuckWeb for the first time, use the PAC you received in the mail or by email. For security reasons, DuckWeb will display that your PAC has expired and you will be asked to change it. The PAC you create must be alphanumeric and six characters long (for example, Duck18). You will then be prompted to answer several security questions.
If you have previously logged in but have forgotten the PAC you created, enter in your UO ID and click on the "Forgot PAC?" button. You will not be able to use "Forgot PAC?" if you have not set up security questions. Please email us for assistance.
- Freshmen and transfer applicants for admission receive their UO ID and initial PAC in a letter or email from the Office of Admissions shortly after the application is received.
- Newly admitted Graduate students receive their UO ID and initial PAC in the university acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions.
- Community Education Program (CEP) students (non-admitted graduate and undergraduate students) receive their UO ID and initial PAC in a letter from the Office of the Registrar.
- New Law students receive their UO ID and initial PAC in a letter during the admission process.
- New American English Institute (AEI) students receive their UO ID and initial PAC in a letter distributed on campus during orientation.
- New faculty and staff receive their UO ID and initial PAC in a letter mailed during the hiring process.
How to Get Help with Initial PACs or PAC resets:
- Students: please use our ID/PAC Reset form
- Faculty, Officers of Administration, Classified, and Temporary Staff: contact the Office of Human Resources 541-346-3159.
What do the Messages Below Mean?
- “Your Account has been disabled.” DuckWeb accounts are disabled for excessive attempts at guessing the PAC. If you get this error message, students please use our ID/PAC Reset form and employees contact Human Resources to have your account re-enabled (see contact information above).
- “You are not authorized to use DuckWeb.” You currently have no DuckWeb menu items in DuckWeb that can be displayed. Typically, this happens to new users who need to wait until sufficient data in the computer system will allow a login.
Skip to top of page